http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlKWfiD9gYg
I've done this video two months ago. But I've never had the opportunity to release it (See why are there not more videos)
Plot:
When I was in the UK, I had the idea to make a video about phoning abroad. I was always confused, how to config (I use my cell very rarely abroad, because holiday is holiday. Roaming fees are very high.)
To get started, you have to be over the border. Switch on your phone and wait until your home phone provider sends you an SMS about your opportunities.
Check your current credit, code is mentioned in the SMS. Phone relatives in your origin to top up your credit (by Eurocash card EU only, for ATM ask your operator), if needed. Don't forget to predial 0049 for German phone partners. If needed update your preferences in the phone's phonebook. All other countries have assigned country codes. They can be obtained here:
http://countrycode.org/
More updates on the engine thing soon.