To sort it all out:
I have abopted the new layout. Youtube made a better site.... everything works now better...
Beginning February 4th 2013, Youtube is rolling out their new channel layout. iJustine, Destorm already have them. I'm on youtube since November 2006 and I'm really appalled to see that progress. First they redesigned the channels. Youtube in the beginning was a far better side than you know now. The channel redesign was ok. Some people began to shitstorm it. In 2011, they rolled out the current one. The black one, the innovation killer. One channel page became five+ pages. And within 2 years (normally they are taking up to 3 years before replacing page designs) they did another design. This looks ridicolous. For newer Youtubers: All partners or "channels with monetization" can make a banner. Banner was a long time dream of mine. I became a partner in 2012, but I did not activate any monetization due to our ad free policy. My channel will not feature any ads.
Back to the issue. Partner ("Creators") can add one small banner and that's it. It's a joke what can you do on Blogspot-pages. People who are no creators, can't have that banner and the channel page will look like a page from Youtube. Apple fired the guy who brought up Apple Maps. Microsoft ditched Flight due to nonsuccess. And google? Google dismisses good and working features. Like creativity. Like individuality. Where did all the channel designers go? Do need some help from me? Google hear me.
Let me list things I like:
- Channel icons on the video page.
- Youtube calls me a partner
- Youtube let me upload videos over 15 Minutes
- Youtube's iOS App works great.
- Great people like Gronkh, no thump up and fave-activists...
I dislike:
- The current and the future Youtube channel design
- The demise of creativity and the individuality on Youtube
- The presence of hate, sexism, homophobia on Youtube and people who constantly look away.
- Nutjobs on Youtube.
- People who are thinking to screw up each one's day.
- Stupid question askers, while the information is in the description.
- Advertisers of Channels and Armadillo fetishists.
- Fanboys
- Attention whores.
- Partners with more might than other users.
- limited comment space.