Monday, 31 January 2011

Changes for 2011 & Relaunch of the new brand.

Happy new year to all visitors.

We are changing the CML. Seen the new antenna logo? The wordmark is read like this: CML Canadian Broadcasting, CML Television du Canada or CML Kanadischer Rundfunk. We don't want to have something to do with CBC/Societé Radio Canada.
History of logos of the CML:
1st logo Flag on ground 2009-2011








Second logo Blurring flag with new antenna logo 2011-





One failed approach was this logo. It made never made to air. Somewhere in 2009.

















This logo should emphasis, that the size of a camera doesn't say about the quality of footage. This is the actual camera I'm using right now.
After the first Frankfurt film, I've discovered that the swimming effect is also seen in HD-movies. It was often seen in cellphone movies and movies with a lower framerate with fast movement. And the second reason, why I didn't use this logo, is that sometimes, the you can't really use the footage, especially, when you are visiting a really dark place, like a saltmine. If it is too bright for the camera, it's not good, like in so 31,000 ft on board of an aircraft. 
Yes, we are talking about cameras.
Aside of my operating Aiptek "HD"-Camera, we have got a 2006 Fujifilm, which can do also the filming, but it produces too big files. But it's a good camera, which is really durable and can go deeply into the detail.
But we are still improving skills and Camera setup. 
I might surprise you that I never learned professionally how to film and how to edit. I have a masterplan in my brain (music, cuts, effects in that order), Sony Vegas 9 Movie Studio helps me to come along. If I need special graphics, I'm doing it by myself with Photoshop CS2. 

I'm not a musician. For an video maker it's important to know the whereabout of important music sources. Some people on Youtube are getting suspended by using music ripped of from bought disks or acquired and converted from itunes. There are thousands over thousands of videos, where to download non-copyrighted music. (Remember after three strikes against the copyright, you're out). 
My sources are:
www.incompetech.com (Even Kevin Nalty (Nalts) is using it)
www.soundsnap.com (my logo background music is from this)
www.ccmixter.com
On www.creativecommons.com are more recommendations. 
Do you use a Mac? Don't look too deep into the web, it's right on your harddrive. A huge library installed by iLife (product of Apple Computer, inc) with sounds, loops and so on. All free to use.

We wish you a happy new year (belated) and happy and entertaining season 2011. Let the fun begin. I'm really excited. There will be travel docs, a year film, something different, as usual. You will see.